This week I will be featuring a card that I have finally got out of my head. I have been wanting to use clear acetate or cardstock in a card for some time and it has taken a while for it to come together and today I finished it!
I love the whimsical nature of the Sweet Lullaby papers and I am sad to see they have retired but not before I managed to grab some packs.
The inside of the card:
Details of the flowers on the top:
Details on the bottom of the acetate:
Side views of the card:
To make card:
- I have cut a piece of cardstock 6″ x 8 1/2″ and scored the long side at 6″ to create the fold of 2 1/2″ for the front.
- I have used a 6″ x 6″ corner of one of the scrapbooking sheets from the paper collection on the base of the 6″ x 6″ card.
- To cover the top of the card I have used and cut 2 1/2″ of the front the card.
- I cut a 2 1/2″ x 6″ piece of patterned paper to place over the top of the cardstock to decorate it.
- I then cut a piece of 6″ x 6″ acetate and glued it on the back of the front of the card.
- To cover the glue I have used another piece of 2 1/2″ x 6″ patterned paper as shown above.
- I used the border and corner dies from the Fleur Borders and Pockets die set and used spray adhesive on the back to adhere to the acetate. It does not show through the clear cardstock.
- I have used the Regal Borders and Pockets die on the top.
- To decorate I have used the Classic Rose and Classic Rose Vine die and stamp set along with the gorgeous small flowers from the Birds and Blooms set.
Cardstock – CTMH Colonial White, Timbrels White Cardstock, Bazzill White Smooth Cardstock, Clear Cardstock
Papers – HC Sweet Lullaby
Stamps – HC Classic Rose, Classic Rose Vine, Birds and Bloom
Dies – HC Classic Rose, Classic Rose Vine, Regal Borders and Pockets, Fleur Borders and Pockets, Birds and Bloom Leafy Branch
Inks – Memento Angel Pink, Bamboo Leaves, Canteloupe, Versamark
Embossing Powders – Stampendous Aged Ivory
Pearls from my stash
Flower stamens from my stash.
I am very happy with how it turned out and I hope that you like it too. This is my second card made like this and I am going to do the first card with some images from the Pampered Pooch collection. I am looking forward to having some fun with the dogs!
Have a good week and happy crafting.